Skip to main content

Foreign Language Documents: Authenticated by The Ministry of Global Affairs

Home » Authentication and Apostile » Foreign Language Documents: Authenticated by The Ministry of Global Affairs
Category: Authentication and Apostile
Posted: January 18, 2021

Reading Time: 3 minutes

Here’s a fact: you are not allowed to move (whatever the reason is) from Canada to any country if you don’t have your Foreign Language Documents authenticated and legalized. You may have completed the documents, but still, they are not enough to guarantee your plan of action.
The step of authenticating your documents is key. This is also referred to as legalization or apostille in other countries. This is a step done by The Ministry of Global Affairs in Ottawa.
It is more straightforward for Global Affairs to authenticate a document written in either English or French. If you have filed written wholly or partly in other languages, you need to undergo an additional step, which involves translation. These documents (that need to be translated) have to be legalized by the said institution:

  • Academic transcripts
  • Birth and death certificates
  • Citizenship documents
  • Diplomas
  • Divorce certificates
  • Driver’s license
  • Family registry
  • Marriage certificates
  • Medical receipts
  • National ID card
  • Police clearances
  • Power of attorney
  • Single status documents

What if the documents are in a foreign language?

The answer is simple: have them undergo a certified translation. For documents written completely or partly in a non-English language, they must come with a certified translation. The institution only recognizes documents that are translated by an acknowledged translation association or a member of the Canadian Translators, Terminologists, and Interpreters Council.
The Ministry of Global Affairs are strict when it comes to accepting documents. They don’t accept documents that were translated by just anyone; these files must properly undergo the process.

After having the documents translated, the next step is to have them notarized. Global Affairs only accepts notarized documents before they affix the document with their authentication stamp.
Some countries also require a translator’s affidavit that is signed and sealed by a provincial notary. This is something that must be considered, too.

Globeia is here to assist you

Here at Globeia, we know exactly what to do with this kind of document. We are more than familiar with the requirements of Global Affairs. More so, we know every step of how to have documents authenticated. We don’t leave any issue untouched.
Avoid the hassle and guarantee service security when you hire our professionals today. To start, you may consult with us at no extra charge. We’ll discuss the available options and clarify the processes you have to take to have that authenticated stamp on your documents.
Reach out to us today, and we’ll guide you every step of the way. Our contact details are listed below:

Address: 1185 Victoria Park Avenue, Scarborough, Ontario M4B 2K5
Phone: 416-288-8070

We are facing a dilemma that affects communities across the globe. Globeia is aware of the COVID-19 situation and the problems arising from it. Because of this, we are more than committed to providing only first-rate services that save you time, effort, and money. Hopefully, through our services, we help you fight the current crisis to strongly and resiliently rise above it. We are with you every step of the way.
Take note that this article only intends to inform and educate readers, so as to help them with similar problems they might have. Any text or information from this publication should not, in any way, be taken as legal advice. We also disclaim any responsibility for the damages that may occur out of the details laid out here. It’s always ideal to consult with experienced legal counsel to learn more about a certain subject and the processes involved. In addition, we do not take any responsibility to update content that was posted in the past.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Hey, like this? Why not share it with a buddy?